Groups urge Luisita workers to declare Dinky persona non grata

By Jayjay Jaiho and Chocolate Moose Fernandez

Manila, Philippines-Three militant groups supporting the striking farmworkers of Hacienda Luisita on Sunday urged farmworkers of the 6,453-hectare sugar estate owned by the family of the late President Corazon Aquino to declare persona non-grata former Social Welfare Secretary Corazon Soliman.

In a joint press statement, the Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP), the Hacienda Luisita based Unyon ng mga Manggagawa sa Agrikultura (UMA) and the left-leaning fisherfolk alliance Pambansang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamamalakaya ng Pilipinas (Pamalakaya) said Soliman did not only distort the truth about the infamous Hacienda Luisita massacre, she also prostituted history with her own fabricated facts and figures.

“She’s the no.1 political prostitute in the camp of Senator Benigno Simeon “Noynoy” Aquino III. She will move heaven and earth for the sake of a Noynoy presidency in 2010. This is unpardonable and totally revolting,” said Pamalakaya national chair Fernando Hicap.

“The struggling workers of Hacienda Luisita has no option but condemn this opportunist Noynoy puppet and tell her she is not welcome in Luisita as far as the farmworkers are concerned,” the Pamalakaya official added.

Soliman said the number of striking workers in Cojuangco-owned sugar estate five years ago were only 2 and not 7 as reported by media. The former social welfare chief the reports regarding the massacre were exaggerated, asserting that she only saw two bodies and did not see the other five dead bodies which media claimed as casualties in the Nov.16, 2004 carnage.

‘How can that be? Is she talking of another massacre perpetrated by her former boss –President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo? Where is her sense of truth, of accuracy and objectivity? She is lying, that’s the real score, she is lying to pursue this politically motivated gossip making against the memories of the martyrs in Hacienda Luisita massacre,” added Hicap.

Likewise Pamalakaya blasted the sister of Aquino—Viel Aquino-Dee for insisting that her family should not be blamed for the killings and that infiltrators from the leftist groups should be take the blame.

“She is a triple platinum liar. She can check the reports of the Senate Committee which investigated the case and the voluminous media reports that point to the military, their previous allies in Malacanang as perpetrators of the massacre, and after that let us see who is telling the truth, and who is lying, nothing more, nothing less,” the group added.

Pamalakaya, UMA and KMP last month 21 asked Senate President Juan Ponce- Enrile to re-open the investigation on the Hacienda Luisita massacre case.

“Will the Senate leadership under the Enrile presidency find time to re-open the long-running story of Hacienda Luisita massacre and the controversial SDO in the name of farmers’ right to land and social justice? Is there a guarantee from Enrile that he will re-open the still unresolved cases and issues surrounding the sugar estate of the Cojuangco-Aquino family upon the request of Luisita farm workers?” the groups said in their joint statement.

“It is about time to re-open the Hacienda Luisita case. It will be moral and politically upright to have this case closed ahead of the 2010 elections with the resolution of the Nov.16, 2004 massacre and the free distribution of lands to 8,000 farmer beneficiaries and the punishment of those involved in the Nov.16, 2004 Hacienda Luisita massacre,” the groups said. #

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under agrarian reform, elections, human rights

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s